Teams selected for 2019 matches will be displayed here after the selection committee meets in early April. The registration process is set out below.
- Registration for this year’s matches opened on Saturday 2 February 2019, the day after the Annual Dinner at Taunton Rugby Club.
- Registration will close as follows:
- Registration for the ”Six Counties” fixture at Saunton on 28thMarch will close on 28thFebruary; and the team selected will be contacted shortly afterwards
- Registration for all inter-county matches during the year will close on 31stMarch 2019. The selection Committee consisting of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Fixture Secretary and Captain will meet at the beginning of April and select teams for the rest of the year.
- Registration for the Spring meeting, Autumn meeting and any other internal “members’ events will stay open until the date of the event itself
- So, from 2ndFebruary onwards, you can log in to the website and register your availability for as many matches as you would like.
- NB: WHEN YOU DO SO, YOU WILL SEE A BOX ASKING YOU TO AGREE TO OUR “PRIVACY NOTICE’. UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE SO, YOU MUST TICK THIS BOX, OTHERWISE YOUR REQUESTS WILL NOT BE RECORDED AND SAVED.
- Each time you make yourself available for selection, you will receive an automated reply from the website to confirm that your request is ‘pending’. You can take this as confirmation that your availability has been recorded and saved.
- When the teams are selected, you will receive one of two emails:
- EITHER: An automated email to confirm that you have been selected and further instructions about how to contact the match manager and confirm your availability for the match
- OR: An automated email to explain that, although you may not have been selected, we would like to keep your details on our ‘reserve list’ for that match. If we have to use the reserve list, priority will be given to those who were available but not originally selected for the fixture; and, within that, priority will also be given to those who have not previously played for SGC earlier in the year.
- At the same time, the teams selected will be available on the website with the contact details for the match manager, so that you can arrange to share transport and confirm with the match manager that you are still available.
- We recognise that this is all a brave new world, so (for this year only) we will offer you an alternative way of doing things. If you don’t want to use the online system this year, you can also email the list of matches for which you are available to email@example.com we will enter the registrations on your behalf; and after that, you will receive the automated emails in the same way as everyone else.
Thank you for supporting Somerset Golf Captains.