I apologise for the length and detail of these joining instructions, but please read them carefully from beginning to end, and stay safe!
Thank you for supporting the Somerset Golf Captains Spring Meeting at Weston-Super-Mare Golf Club on Wednesday, the 19th of May. We currently have 56 players in 14 teams with the first tee at 11 o’clock and the last tee at 13.30 p.m.
The package for the day includes coffee and bacon roll on arrival; 18 holes of golf; a two course meal, prizes and a donation to the club.
The meal will be Steak’n’Ale Pie, Chips and Peas, followed by Fruit Crumble with Custard. Please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
It would be safer to avoid handling cash on the day. Unless you have already done so, please transfer £35 by BACS to “Somerset Golf Captains” Sort Code 30-91-84 – Account Number 00684170. In the “Reference” box, please quote “SPRING” followed by your surname (e.g. “SPRING-Jones” so that we can track payments.
The start sheet to confirm your tee time and your playing partner has been emailed out and and is also available on the website by clicking here. I will contact you personally if there any changes to your tee time prior to the event. The format is 4BBB off the yellow tees with 85% mandatory handicap allowance.
Now to COVID! You will understand why I need to emphasise some arrangements to ensure that we enjoy the day in a safe and COVID-secure way, so here goes. Please read carefully the following safety information we have received from Weston-Super-Mare Golf Club:
- To comply with Government and EGU guidelines proposed on that date we suggest players follow ALL recommendations, probably nothing different to each player’s home club but worth reinforcing.
- There will be inside bar, catering and changing facilities available but facemasks will be required within the whole Clubhouse, masks can be removed when seated for food and drink. Pro-Shop entry will also require masks to be worn.
- We propose players go to the clubhouse 45 minutes before Tee times only.
Wear a mask to enter the clubhouse and until seated
The catering will supply bacon rolls and tea/coffee on a rolling basis.
- Groups meet at the 1st tee 5 minutes before tee off and please avoid congregating on the first tee.
- Upon completion of their round each group of players go to the clubhouse with MASK, to be seated and served drinks and food (2 courses), again on a rolling basis.
In addition to the above, the Somerset Golf Captains have agreed a comprehensive risk assessment. Consequently, we would also advise:
- You should not attend if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing at all times, wash your hands frequently, and use and sanitiser when it is available.
- To comply with “Track & Trace”, I will provide contact details to Weston-Super-Mare Golf Club and a full list of those taking part.
- The registration desk will be just inside the bar/restaurant area – you must wear a mask. You will be given a team card for the 4BBB. As usual, do not change cards. Record your team’s scores in columns A & B, and the scores of the other pair in your 4 ball in columns C/D. This is to allow you to verify scores at the end of the game. At the end, please sign for your score on your card – only one signature required.
- Although the changing rooms will be open, please note the advice from England Golf in their ‘Play Safe Stay Safe” framework:
“Locker/changing rooms are permitted to reopen, including shower areas. Social distancing measures should be in place throughout these facilities, but you should encourage participants to avoid or minimise use where possible (for example, by arriving ready to play and showering at home) and to minimise the time they spend in the changing area”
- In line with this guidance, our advice is that you should arrive in your golf gear; and eat in your golf gear after the match, before you leave. No one is expected to change clothes after golf and before they eat.
- There is seating available outdoors if the weather permits and people want to use it.
- Please report to the first tee 5 minutes before your start time. Please wait to one side until the previous group move away.. You will have your photograph taken and the starter will go through any local rules
- After the round, verify your score orally with your playing partners, sign your card and leave it in the box in the bar/restaurant area.
- The food after golf will be served on a rolling basis for each four ball after they have completed their round. Tables will be arranged to comply with government restrictions in pubs and restaurants.
- There will be no formal presentation and speeches. Prices will be distributed after the event and each group is free to leave, as soon as they have completed their meal.
- So you are politely requested to depart as soon as you have finished your meal. This will allow the staff to disinfect the tables for the following groups as they come in.
Any question – please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07855647019.
We have waited a long time to start up our golfing activities again, so most importantly – Enjoy the day!
Secretary, Somerset Golf Captains