The Somerset Golf Captains Committee would like to wish all past and present Captains a healthy and Happy New Year, including fun, friendship and low scores on the golf course.
We can now confirm our plans for team selection in the coming season 2020. As you know, last year we used the on-line registration and selection facility on the website and we plan to do the same again this year as follows as follows:
- The 2020 fixtures are already available on the website for you to download or print off. Click here for more details: SGC Fixtures 2020
- Registration for this year’s matches will open on Saturday 1 February 2020.
- Registration will close as follows:
- Registration for the ”Six Counties” fixture at Saunton on Thursday 6thMarch will close on 29thFebruary; and the team selected will be contacted shortly afterwards
- Registration for all inter-county matches during the year will close on 31stMarch 2020. The selection Committee consisting of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Fixture Secretary and Captain will meet during the first week of April and select teams for the rest of the year.
- Registration for the Spring meeting, Summer Meeting, and Autumn meeting and any other internal “members’ events will stay open until the date of the event itself
- So, from 1st February onwards, you can log in to the website and register your availability for as many matches as you would like.
- NB: WHEN YOU DO SO, YOU WILL SEE A BOX ASKING YOU TO AGREE TO OUR “PRIVACY NOTICE’. UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE SO, YOU MUST TICK THIS BOX, OTHERWISE YOUR REQUESTS WILL NOT BE RECORDED AND SAVED.
- Each time you make yourself available for selection, you will receive an automated reply from the website to confirm that your request is ‘pending’. You can take this as confirmation that your availability has been recorded and saved.
- When the teams are selected, you will receive one of two emails:
- EITHER: An automated email to confirm that you have been selected and further instructions about how to contact the match manager and confirm your availability for the match
- OR: An automated email to explain that, although you may not have been selected, we would like to keep your details on our ‘reserve list’ for that match. If we have to use the reserve list, priority will be given to those who were available but not originally selected for the fixture; and, within that, priority will also be given to those who have not previously played for SGC earlier in the year.
- At the same time, the teams selected will be available on the website with the contact details for the match manager, so that you can arrange to share transport and confirm with the match manager that you are still available
ANY QUESTIONS? If you have any problems at any time, or help with logging into the website; changing your password etc, please check the “Frequently Asked Questions” or just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help; we want to hear from you; and we want you be involved.
- Before Saturday 1st February, our advice would be for everyone to try logging into the website to check that everything works as it should (username, password) etc. If you have any problems, let us know on email@example.com
- Email messages have been known to go into SPAM folders, so please add these two email addresses to your list of contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Thank you for supporting Somerset Golf Captains.