Somerset Golf Captains – Match Manager Duties (2018 onwards)
- All teams will be published on the website as selected by a panel before the start of the season.
- All players will receive an email confirming their selection and will be given details name/email/tel. no. of the Match Manager(MM). These emails will be copied to MM
- Players will be asked to notify MM immediately of their availability or otherwise.
- MM will be given the list of players of those who have volunteered to be available at late notice. (There are over 50 now on this list)
- MM is responsible to get required number of players for the day and construct the pairings. An SGC template sheet for pairings is available
- Confirm final team to website administrator about one week before the match. This is then published as a news item, to enable team members to travel together etc
- MM will be advised by Fixtures Secretary the visiting team organiser details, for liaison purposes.
Photography and Match Report
- The SGC camera is carried by the CoC. The MM should either take photos themselves of the matches on the tee or ask one of the last SGC pair to take photos.
- Photos in the dining room and the trophy presentation should be taken by the match manager or his nominee
- MM should return the camera to the CoC and remove the memory card and send it together with the match report and team pairings sheet in the sae which will be provided. These generate the website report.
- A proforma for the match report will be provided to the MM. Each fourball should record their score and be asked to make some meaningful and descriptive comments on their match.
Catering and Match Fees
- When a home fixture is booked by the Hon Fixtures Secretary, as standard a sandwich lunch and a two-course dinner with coffee is ordered. Costs vary between clubs.
- Matches in Somerset are played at our courses as courtesy and no green fee is paid.
- MM is responsible at both HOME and AWAY matches to collect £30 from each player.
- HOME fixtures: SGC pay for all catering and wine – normally 1 bottle per 4 ball game.
- An SGC debit card is carried by the Captain and used to pay for home fixture costs
- Match costs for Worcestershire, Gwent, South Wales Coast, Wells Captains, Burnham Captains and Somerset Ladies captains are shared, on the day. MM to pay our 50% share
- A note of fixture cost paid, should be emailed to the Treasurer, ASAP after the fixture. Please retain the receipt until it can be passed to the Hon Treasurer.
- Match fees collected, should be paid into the SGC Bank account, at any Lloyds Bank Branch, ASAP please.
SGC Bank details are – Sort Code 30-91-84 – Account Number 00684170