Thank you to those Captains who are able to support the Somerset Golf Captains Autumn Meeting at Worlebury Golf Club on Thursday, the 24th of September. We currently have 42 players in 11 teams with the first tee at 10 o’clock and the last tee at 11:20 p.m.
The package for the day includes coffee and bacon roll on arrival; 18 holes of golf; a two course meal from the menu you have chosen, prizes and a donation to the club. If you haven’t yet chosen your meal, please let me have your meal choices(*) asap, so that I can pass them on to Worlebury a week in advance, i.e. by Thursday 17th September. Also please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
It would be safer to avoid handling cash on the day. Unless you have already done so, please transfer £35 by BACS to “Somerset Golf Captains” Sort Code 30-91-84 – Account Number 00684170. Please quote your surname in the “Reference” box so that we can track payments.
The start sheet is available here to confirm your tee time and your playing partner. I will contact you personally if there any changes prior to the event. The format is 4BBB off the yellow tees with full handicap.
Now to COVID! You will understand why I need to emphasise some arrangements to ensure that we enjoy the day in a safe and COVID-secure way, so here goes.
- We must all practice social distancing at all times, wash your hands frequently, and use and sanitiser when it is available.
- To comply with “Track & Trace”, I will provide contact details to Worlebury Golf Club and a full list of those taking part.
- A one-way system is in operation. To enter the clubhouse, you go round the path to the right of the clubhouse to the patio area at the rear of the clubhouse outside the restaurant. One door leads you into the restaurant; another leads you out
- Please aim to arrive about 45 minutes before your tee time to give yourself time to enjoy the coffee and bacon roll, and report to the first tee 10 minutes before your tee-time. The starter will go through any local rules.
- The registration desk will be on the patio area outside the restaurant. You will be given a team card for the 4BBB. As usual, do not change cards. Record your team’s scores in columns A & B, and the scores of the other pair in your 4 ball in columns C/D. This is to allow you to verify scores at the end of the game. At the end, please sign for your score on your card – only one signature required.
- The changing rooms are closed except for access in the toilets.
- There is seating available outdoors if the weather permits and people want to use it.
- The bar and restaurant operate on a card only basis and cash will not be accepted.
- If you enter the Pro Shop you will need to wear a mask.
- Please report to the first tee 10 minutes before your start time but remember the rule of six. Please wait to one side until the previous group move away. Maintain the 2 metre rule when talking to the starter.
- At the end of the round you will need to return to the car park to change your shoes again and leave your golf equipment in your car. Then make your way back into the bar/ restaurant area.
- No one is expected to change clothes after golf and before they eat. We expect people to change the golf shoes and then eat in their golf gear.
- Hand your card in to Mike Usher-Clark and Bob Acland in the restaurant area. Inform them of your score verbally and deposit your card in the box provided. The leaderboard will be displayed on the TV screen
- The food after golf will be served on a rolling basis for each four ball after they have completed their round. Meals will be plated up and served at your table. Tables will be arranged to comply with government restrictions in pubs and restaurants. Please do not merge with other groups.
- There will be no formal presentation and speeches. Prices will be distributed after the event and each group is free to leave, as soon as they have completed their meal.
Besides the start sheet, you are also asked to read and familiarise with these two documents
A written risk assessment is also available if anyone wishes to see it.
Any question – please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07855647019.
Secretary, Somerset Golf Captains
(*) Meal Choices
M1: Steak & Ale Pie (with new potatoes, peas, veg and gravy), OR
M2: Beef Bourguignon (with creamy mash & veg)
D1: Apple Crumble & Custard, OR
D2: Warm Chocolate Brownie & Ice Cream